11-15 September 2018, Poznań, Poland
Poznań Reasoning Week 2018 consists of three conferences, aimed at bringing together experts whose research offers a broad range of perspectives on systematic analyses of reasoning processes and their formal modelling. PRW 2018 is co-organised by the Institute of Psychology, Adam Mickiewicz University and Institute of Philosophy, University of Zielona Góra.
In 2018 we address:
- games in reasoning research (Games and Reasoning 2018);
- the interplay of logic and cognition (Logic and Cognition 2018);
- refutation systems (Refutation Symposium 2018).
- Nina Gierasimczuk (Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science of Danish Technical University): Computational underpinnings of cooperative behaviour. From agent-based simulations to cognitive insights [abstract]
- Camillo Fiorentini (University of Milano): Applying the inverse method to refutation calculi [abstract]
- Valentin Goranko (Stockholm University): Proofs and refutations getting married [abstract]
- Gabriele Pulcini (New University of Lisbon): From complementary logic to proof-theoretic semantics [abstract]
- Hans Tompits (Vienna University of Technology): From Łukasiewicz to Gentzen: On sequent-type refutation calculi for three-valued logics [abstract]
- Heinrich Wansing (Ruhr-University Bochum): Refutation as falsification [abstract]
- Keith Stenning (University of Edinburgh): TBA
- Gerhard Minnameier (Goethe University Frankfurt):The logic of abduction, deduction, and induction, and a taxonomy of inferential reasoning [abstract]