Formal Models of Reasoning and Argumentation
Invited speakers (confirmed)
- Ruth Byrne (The University of Dublin)
- Keith Stenning (Edinburgh University)
- Andrzej Wiśniewski (Department of Logic and Cognitive Science, Institute of Psychology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań)
In a joint initiative with ArgDiap organisation we invite submissions on:
- theory and practice of argumentation,
- formal modelling of argumentative processes,
- dialogue and persuasion, and
- empirical research on these phenomena.
Read the CFP here.
The ArgDiaP organisation – a Polish nationwide initiative dedicated to the issues of argumentation, dialogue and persuasion. Established in 2008, ArgDiaP has been continuously providing infrastructure facilitating the networking process and fosters research on argumentation in Poland, including the research of the Polish School of Argumentation. The School integrates various disciplines and institutions across Poland in which scholars are dedicated to understanding the phenomenon of the force of argument. Recently, fifty five authors (Budzynska et al. 2014) have declared its Manifesto which sets up the foundations of the School’s research programme. [read more]